Monday, February 27, 2012

In Your Camera (my image stays)

The Night of Two Days
(1937 Cabriolet)


A dreamtime love affair is to look for seduction at 1 a.m. What an odd world: A room with concrete brick (painted white)

We are sleeping buddies
find companions to share the darkness under city lights
to moan gritty love poems from a darkened moonless night on wet sheets
the things I pray to God about…
sometimes prayers are meant for everyone but us

I cry because I haven’t thought of him. I cry because I think of him. I smile while I think of him. But…only in dreams.

To miss someone as much as I do is not a choice
You watch me in your parabolic rearview mirror, and jingle the keys to doors that no longer exist but in my dreams, even ghosts leave footprints



Please don’t tell me: Love ruins everything

rainwriter jones

===================================


A few weeks ago, I had an interesting interaction at a medical appointment. From the first time we met, this physician had always spoke on thought-provoking subjects (which most of the time seemed to get his schedule WAY behind). As we floated from one topic to the next, he continued to say, "I knew you were going to say that." At the end of the appointment, he pulled out his camera phone, and asked me if he could take my picture. I was at a loss for words, and didn't quite know how to respond to the request. But, I let him take my photograph. "You smile more on the right than the left," was what he said as he zoomed in.

At that moment, I thought of a news story that I saw quite a while back wherein a South American bush tribe refused to have their photos taken because they felt their souls would be placed inside of the camera. If you think about it, that's not that far from the truth. We snap images of people we want to remember (for whatever reason). As you give your image, you give a little bit of yourself to them in the form of a memory. Why he felt the need to have my image in his camera? I'm not sure, although I'm someone with whom he can relate to when discussing esoteric subjects.

Just something for you to think about the next time someone wants to capture your image.

rainwriter jones @ 2 a.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment