Saturday, January 21, 2012

Beating A Dead Horse: The Recurring Projection Nightmare

It was a fitful night as I heard ice crash to the street from God knows where. The sound pierced the winter air like the dreams which awoke me. I had several dreams, but you know how it is, they sometimes fade with the morning light. There's always one or two which are quite poignant, and are like the missing puzzle piece to your present circumstance. I've had some major disappointments as of late, and have tried to analyze how to perceive the reasons behind why they occurred.

One of my dreams involved my brother's family. I wasn't surprised when my sister-in-law called me a few hours later. This dream was benign. It was the other dream in which I wanted to enter a stairwell in an office building, but needed to make sure the door unlocked from the other side. I interpret this as entering into a situation or relationship which once inside, it's hard (if not impossible) to leave. Indeed, I will carefully choose my bedfellows.

I thought of people, their misery, and the way they project it onto others. There's a direct connection between the disappointment which has been wrought upon me, and the behaviors of those around me. They let their circumstance dictate how they treat their unwitting victims. I don't know, but sometimes it's easier if I treat individuals who act untowardly in a social networking sense.

So, I made a decision under bedclothes to treat my life like Facebook. Group those dead horses into one category, then block their feeds. It can't get any easier than that, can it? Just like Facebook, my life will have some folks' relationship status changed depending on their reciprocity and/or projection characteristics. These people can be soul takers, and contact with them should be severely curtailed, if not eliminated.

A good dream and a strong cup of coffee always brings things into perfect focus.

rainwriter jones @ 2 a.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment